Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Facts about Seahorses
- International protection was provided to seahorses on May 15th, 2004.
- Seahorses differ in color, some are orange, red, yellow, green and even grey.
- Zebra stripes and spots, are two patterns that seahorses come in.
- A herd, is the term a group of seahorses are known as.
- (Click on the pics for more info.)
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Frogs will only eat something that moves; in nature that would be insects, or maybe spiders. Frog farmers soon learn that frogs are not tempted by dead meat. Tadpoles on the other hand, are vegetarian.
Friday, July 10, 2009
For fun flamingo items, visit The Artful Flamingo!
Saturday, July 4, 2009
The ARK was started in the early 80's when, in the course of his research, Tony Amos began to find injured sea turtles and aquatic birds on the beaches and in the local environment.
In the beginning there were only a few animals a year, but the program has grown into an organization that handles about 600 animals each year and has become an important rehabilitation facility on the Texas Coast.
The ARK of today specializes in marine turtles and birds of the South Texas coast and is the only facility that goes to rescue many of the animals. Volunteers rescue and rehabilitate animals primarily from Mustang, North Padre Islands and nearby towns.